The Only Comprehensive Stroke Center in Texas
Comprehensive Stroke Center status is the highest level of stroke certification available from the American Heart Association.
Mischer Neuroscience Institute at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center achieved a significant milestone after being recognized by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as meeting The Joint Commission's standards for Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification.
MNI is the only stroke program in the region to meet such standards. The certification solidifies MNI's place in an elite group of providers focused on complex stroke care. Comprehensive Stroke Centers are recognized as industry leaders and are responsible for setting the national agenda in highly specialized stroke care.
Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification recognizes those hospitals that have state-of-the-art infrastructure, staff and training to receive and treat patients with the most complex strokes. MNI underwent a rigorous onsite review during which Joint Commission experts reviewed the Institute's compliance with the stringent Comprehensive Stroke Center standards and requirements, including advanced imaging capabilities, around-the-clock availability of specialized treatments, and staff with the unique education and competencies to care for complex stroke patients.
Locations with Comprehensive Stroke Certification
Eligibility standards include:
- Availability of advanced imaging techniques, including MRI/MRA, CTA, DSA and TCD
- Availability of personnel trained in vascular neurology, neurosurgery and endovascular procedures
- 24/7 availability of personnel, imaging, operating room and endovascular facilities
- ICU/neuroscience ICU facilities and capabilities
- Experience and expertise treating patients with large ischemic strokes, intracerebral hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhage
Click here for Quality Measures