Skip to Content

Conditions & Treatments

Find a Doctor

To search Houston doctors, please select a specialty & submit your Zip Code below.

Advanced Search
Search by Doctor's Name

Schedule Now


Brain tumor center


Meningiomas are a type of brain tumor that develops in the thin membranes, or meninges, that cover the brain and spinal cord. They account for more than 25 percent of primary brain tumors. The majority of meningiomas (90%) are categorized as benign tumors, with the remaining 10% being atypical or malignant.

View this presentation from Mischer Neuroscience Institute Director and neurosurgeon Dr. Dong Kim about what causes these tumors, how they are diagnosed, and what treatment options are available.

About Dr. Kim:

Dong H. Kim, M.D., is the director of the Mischer Neuroscience Institute and chief of neurosurgery at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center.  He also serves as professor and chair of the Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth.

Meet Our Team

The Mischer Neuroscience Institute Brain Tumor Center brings together physicians who are leaders in the field of treating and researching brain tumors.

Meet the team »