Post-Operative Patients: Visit Our Physicians from Home Using Memorial Hermann’s Neuroscience Virtual Clinic
Memorial Hermann’s Neuroscience Virtual Clinic offers some Mischer Neuroscience Associates (MNA) patients post-operative consultations through the use of their computer or laptop, all within the comfort of their own home or office. The Neuroscience Virtual Clinic Program physicians can help MNA physicians evaluate patients’ progress after surgery or help navigate patients to another level of care.
The Memorial Hermann Neuroscience Virtual Clinic offers these advantages:
• Scheduled appointment time (call 713-704-7100 to reschedule if needed)
• Consultation with a board-certified physician, NP, or PA
• Can be low or no cost (varies depending on insurance coverage)
• Saves time and travel costs
• Visit summary is updated in your electronic health record
How does it work?
1. An MNA staff member arranges an appointment time for you.
2. Log into the Everyday Well Patient Portal at memorialhermann.org at your scheduled appointment time and the physician will perform an evaluation.
3. After the visit, you will receive a visit summary accessible via the patient portal, and your electronic health record is updated with information from your visit.
Note that the Virtual Clinic does not treat emergent or life-threatening issues. Go to the emergency room or call 911 for chest pain, shortness of breath, broken bones or injuries requiring bandaging, or severe abdominal pain. Should your Virtual Clinic doctor believe you need an in-person visit, he or she may refer you to a nearby physician.
What devices and operating systems are supported?
Currently, we support desktop or laptop computer. We support Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox Internet browsers.