The Sixth Annual Neuro ICU Symposium
Cutting-edge management of neurological and neurosurgical emergencies and critical care
“Expanding the Horizons of Neurocritical Care”
April 18-20, 2018
Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
The sixth annual Neuro ICU Symposium is our successful two-and-a-half day CME course designed to educate physicians and other healthcare professionals on how to optimally manage patients using a team approach and evidence-based medicine.
This year’s emphasis will be on expanding the horizons of Neurocritical Care, focusing on comprehensive patient care and optimizing critical care delivery. The course is in a new Galleria location this year and has many exciting highlights: the results of the pivotal DAWN Trial, a focused session on Neuroanesthesia, different viewpoints on hot topics, and real patient experiences from the ICU. Popular sessions from previous years including neuroscience nursing Jeopardy, simulation workshops, and cross-fire debates will also return.
- New This Year: The patient experience. Patients share what critical illness is like from their perspective.
- New This Year: Focus on Neuroanesthesia. Understand the decisions made in the operating room and why.
- The DAWN Trial and Future of Endovascular Therapy: Hear the results of this pivotal trial directly from the principal investigator.
- Thoughts from Hurricane Harvey: Providing care during a natural disaster.
- Hot Topics: “This is how I manage it.” Two experts demonstrate different ways of managing challenging clinical cases. There is more than one right way of doing things in medicine.
- Simulation Labs: Hands on workshops in small groups with our experts.
- Cross-Fire Debates: The experts debate controversial issues in Neurocritical Care. The audience vote will determine winners.
- Back by Popular Demand: Annual Neuroscience Jeopardy. Test your knowledge and review key nursing topics.
2018 Neuro ICU Links