The Sixth Annual Neuro ICU Symposium
Cutting-edge management of neurological and neurosurgical emergencies and critical care
“Empowering Success in Neurocritical Care”
April 3-5, 2019
Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
The seventh annual Neuro ICU Symposium is our successful two-and-a-half day course designed to educate physicians and other healthcare professionals on how to provide superior neurocritical care at their hospitals.
This year’s emphasis will be on empowering success in the Neuro ICU. We will give you the tools you need to provide superior neurocritical care at your own hospital. We will have prominent speakers from nearly all medical subspecialties, and the course will offer many exciting highlights, including the results of the MISTIE III Trial, a dedicated Neuroscience Nursing Symposium and a Neurocritical Care Board Review course.
This year's symposium will offer up to 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association – Approver, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Also, we are excited to announce the addition of another prominent guest speaker to our stellar lineup. At this year’s Neuro ICU Symposium, we’ll hear from Brian Cushing, former Houston Texans linebacker and current strength and conditioning coach for the team.
He’ll provide a player’s perspective on the NFL Concussion Protocol and discuss his experience with these injuries.
We will feature the most current data and latest breakthroughs in our field. Popular sessions from previous years including neuroscience nursing Jeopardy, The Patient Experience, simulation workshops, and cross-fire debates will also return.
New for This Year
- The MISTIE III Trial and Future of Surgical ICH Treatment: Hear the results directly from the study team
- Neurocritical Care Board Review: Up-to-date comprehensive review of neurocritical care topics
- Neuroscience Nursing Symposium: Comprehensive program for critical care nurses and other healthcare professionals
Back by Popular Demand
- Hot Topics: Different viewpoints on controversial management issues
- The Patient Experience: Neurological illness from the patient’s perspective
- Cross-Fire Debates: Audience vote will determine winners
- Simulation Labs: Hands-on workshops in small groups with our experts
2018 Neuro ICU Links